Formula One Compiler Release Notes
Release 43, August 7, 2014
The compiler requires the one of the following platforms: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7.
The compiler can run with certain limitation under Linux using Wine.
It is recommended to run the IDE on systems supporting more than 256 colors,
using resolution 1024x768 or better.
The release 43 contains numerous fixes and improvements.
The language syntax and implementation has been enhanced as well.
In particular, a new type L32
has been added. The type was introduced in
order to speed-up some programs that use variables of type L
. The numerical range of
coresponds to the range of type I
, but the logical constraints for type L32
are implemented in the same way as type L
. Simple replacement of type L
with type L32
can speedup running programs by about 50%.
Syntax has been modified as well, it is now possibe to declare multiple variables of the same
type using comma delimited list of variables, i.e:
is equivalent to (compiles exactly the same) as
x::I & y::I & z::I & w::I
This is the recommended way to get started. After the FormulaOne IDE has been installed,
follow these steps (We assume the sample code has been installed):
- Using menus select "File->RecentProjects->Samples". (Samples will contain an absolute path based on your
- Right-click on the the file Test Samples.f1
- Select Rebuild; this will rebuild all neccessary modules.
- Click on samplesQuery.f1q: this will open the query file in the editor.
- Make sure the line TestSamples() is the only line that is not commented out.
- Compile and Run samplesQuery.f1q (for example, use the menu item Projects).
- Wait. Based on your hardware configuration, the program can run for several minutes. The program issues various progress messages. If a single test fails, the whole program will be terminated.
Once the program successfully finishes, it should issue the message Success. In the unlikely event the program fails, please file a bug report.
Note the Test Samples
does not test all of the samples
In the "About" box there is a bug
report button. This is the preferred method of bug reporting, as it reports the version
of Formula One, OS and CPU type. To report bugs manually, use the e-mail address
If you have any other problems, feedback or a nifty program you would like to submit to
our sample code web page, submit them at email@example.com.
For the latest release of the Formula One compiler and other news, frequently check
the home page at http://www.f1compiler.com/downloads/downloads.html